For answers to our most frequently asked questions, Click here.
Clients and Brokers, please use the email address of record. AFM employees, please click the Employee Login link.
Please contact your Account Team for more information on gaining access to this site.
For problems and questions related to AFM Online, Email Us or call our Service Desk: Monday - Friday, 6:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. ET. Canada & United States: (1) 800 795 1385Worldwide: +1(1) 401 415 2988
This End User License Agreement ("Agreement") is a binding agreement between you ("End User" or "you") and Affiliated FM Insurance Company ("AFM").
AFM Online is a proprietary product of AFM and is intended for the sole and exclusive use of the brokers, clients, affiliates, employees, and select business partners of AFM. Use by any other party is prohibited. We license use of AFM Online to you on the basis of this Agreement. We do not sell the software, content or services to you. We remain the owners at all times. You acknowledge that you have no rights in, or to, AFM Online, the contents, services documents or technology other than the right to use each of them in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
To obtain access to AFM Online, you must indicate your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. If you do not wish to be bound to them, you should not accept them and should not otherwise try to access the site. The terms of this Agreement apply to any AFM Online content and services, including any updates or supplements.
AFM provides access to AFM Online only in accordance with these terms and conditions, as amended from time to time:
1. When you are granted access to AFM Online, you will be given an individual password. You are not to share that password with other parties, including other employees. You only may access accounts, locations and products assigned to you. Your access will be terminated when it is no longer appropriate.
3. Information posted on AFM Online is not a part of any insurance policy and does not alter or affect policy language in any way. The language of the actual policy in force always is controlling.
4. Access to AFM Online by clients and business partners is strictly limited to individual employees of the client or business partner on a need-to-know basis as part of the insurance or business relationship with AFM. Any email address should be unique to the named user and not be associated to a group or distribution list.
5. AFM Online and its contents are not intended as an offer to sell a product or service. All product and service descriptions are general in nature.
7. You shall not copy the content and services, except as expressly permitted by this license (as set out in section 8, below). You shall not modify, translate, adapt or otherwise create derivative works or improvements, whether or not patentable. You shall not remove, delete, alter or obscure any trademarks or any copyright, trademark, patent or other intellectual property or proprietary rights notices from AFM Online, including any copy thereof. You shall not rent, lease, lend, sell, sublicense, assign, distribute, publish, transfer or otherwise make available the content and services of AFM Online, to any third party for any reason.
8. Other than information obtained through CustomWeather, Inc. and any similar third party content or data providers (which is the confidential and proprietary information of those respective parties), the information in AFM Online is the confidential and proprietary information of AFM. You must not infringe our intellectual property rights or those of any third party in relation to your use of AFM Online. AFM Online information may be reproduced in accordance with this Agreement, only for the express purpose of supporting the insurance or business relationship between AFM and the client or business partner. You may not reproduce, distribute, transmit, display, or prepare derivative works from the materials in AFM Online without the prior written consent of AFM, except that you may copy and print a limited amount of content only in support of the insurance or business relationship with AFM.
9. Where third-party content is displayed, included or made available ("Third Party Materials"), you acknowledge and agree that AFM is not responsible for Third Party Materials, including their accuracy, completeness, timeliness, validity, copyright compliance, legality, decency, quality or any other aspect thereof. AFM does not assume and will not have any liability or responsibility to you or any other person or entity for any Third Party Materials. Third Party Materials and links thereto are provided solely as a convenience to you and you access and use them at entirely at your own risk and subject to such third parties' terms and conditions.
10. You must not use AFM Online in any unlawful manner, for any unlawful purpose, or in any manner inconsistent with this Agreement, in a way that could damage or compromise our systems or security, or act fraudulently or maliciously, for example, by hacking into or inserting malicious code, including viruses, or harmful data into any operating system. You must not transmit any material that is defamatory, offensive or otherwise objectionable in relation to your use of AFM Online.
11. The term of the Agreement commences when you access AFM Online and will continue in effect until terminated by you or AFM. AFM may terminate your access to AFM Online at any time for any or no reason. In the event of termination of your organization’s insurance or business relationship with AFM, all further access to, and use of, information is strictly prohibited. Information previously reproduced will retain confidential status, and AFM has the right, upon request, to the return of any and all copies. All rights granted to you under this Agreement will also terminate. Termination will not limit any of AFM's rights or remedies at law or in equity.
12. THE LICENSE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITH ALL FAULTS AND DEFECTS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. ALTHOUGH AFM SEEKS TO ENSURE THAT INFORMATION IN AFM ONLINE IS REASONABLY ACCURATE, AFM ONLINE CONTAINS CERTAIN INFORMATION AND TOOLS (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, CERTAIN WEATHER-RELATED DATA) THAT ARE INHERENTLY SUBJECT TO CHANGE. WITH RESPECT TO ANY INFORMATION IN, OR ACCESSIBLE THROUGH, AFM ONLINE, AFM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION, ALL OF WHICH IS PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS" BASIS. FURTHERMORE, AFM ASSUMES NO RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR: INFORMATION POSTED BY A USER, ANY APPOINTMENT OF A USER, OR FOR ANY ACTIONS BY A USER. AFM EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. ANY LIABILITY OF AFM TO ITS CLIENTS IS LIMITED TO THAT CONTAINED IN ITS INSURANCE POLICIES.
13. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL AFM HAVE ANY LIABILITY ARISING FROM OR RELATED TO YOUR USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE AFM ONLINE OR THE CONTENT AND SERVICES FOR:
THE FOREGOING LIMITATIONS WILL APPLY WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES ARISE OUT OF BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR OTHERWISE AND REGARDLESS OF WHETHER SUCH DAMAGES WERE FORESEEABLE OR AFM WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY SO SOME OR ALL OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
14. You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless AFM and its officers, directors, employees, agents, affiliates, successors and assigns from and against any and all losses, damages, liabilities, deficiencies, claims, actions, judgments, settlements, interest, awards, penalties, fines, costs, or expenses of whatever kind, including attorneys' fees, arising from or relating to your use or misuse of AFM Online or your breach of this Agreement. Furthermore, you agree that AFM assumes no responsibility for the content you submit or make available through this Application.
15. This Agreement is governed by and construed in accordance with the internal laws of the State of Rhode Island without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule. Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of or related to this Agreement or the Application shall be instituted exclusively in the federal courts of the United States or the courts of the State of Rhode Island. You waive any and all objections to the exercise of jurisdiction over you by such courts and to venue in such courts.
THE FOLLOWING ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS APPLY TO THE MANAGING USER:
16. As a further condition of access to AFM Online, if you are carrying out the role of the Managing User for your organization, you will be bound by the following additional terms and conditions. A Managing User, as identified by AFM, is the individual within your organization who determines the level of access granted for all other AFM Online users within your organization or in an external organization. If you do not wish to be bound to these terms and conditions, you should not accept them. As the Managing User:
Rev. October 2015